Ube | Soy Candle
💜 ube is a type of purple yam that is native to the philippines and most commonly used for sweet cuisine. this popular ingredient has been making waves internationally due to its iconic deep purple color and slightly sweet, nutty flavor.
notes: purple yam + macapuno + vanilla
smells like: nostalgic memories of eating purple ice cream, pastries and cake- smooth and nutty but never too sweet!
2 oz cotton wick tin // burn time: 12-16 hours
7 oz wooden wick glass // burn time: 35-40 hours
please trim wicks between burns and never leave a burning candle unattended
crackling wooden wick
premium soy wax blend
high quality phthalate-free fragrance oil
7 oz glass
7 oz of wax in a 9 oz recyclable glass vessel
black metal lid
burn time approximately 35-40 hours
3 oz tin
3 oz of wax in a recyclable white tin vessel
burn time approximately 15-20 hours
candles, tins and tea lights : soy wax, fragrance oil, crackling wooden wick
*braided cotton wick for tea lights
perfume oils : fractionated coconut oil, vitamin e, fragrance
room sprays : distilled water, polysorbate20, phenoxyethanol (preservative), fragrance
• Wooden wicks MUST be trimmed to 1/4 inch before lighting. This prevents flames from growing too tall and becoming hazardous.
• Upon the first burn, allow candle to burn for 2-3 hours until melted wax reaches the edges of the container. This helps your candle burn evenly for the rest of its life.
• Do not burn for more than 4 hours at a time!
• Place lit candles on top of heat-resistant surfaces to prevent damage.
• Never leave lit candles unsupervised!
• Please keep products away from children and pets.
• Please do not consume any products!
• Due to their small size, please do not burn candle tins longer than 2 hours at a time, or 1 hour for tea lights.
Note about handmade items
Each Item in this shop is handmade by me in my candle studio/garage.
Because all of these items are handmade, they may have some imperfections such as: slight color differences, uneven wax surfaces, slightly off-centered label etc.
None of these impact the overall quality of the product.
PRESENTATION: With a simple glass vessel, black metal lid, and a label displaying the primary inspiration and scent notes (often lacking in other candles), the presentation sets the stage for the indulgence within.
SCENT STRENGTH: The scent is decadent without being overpowering—a sweet and mellow pistachio-like nuttiness with hints of vanilla and toasted coconut—and reminiscent of ube baked goods and ice cream.
PERFORMANCE: The burn is clean and even, thanks to the soy wax and wood wick, which produces a crackling sound that varies between burns—sometimes fast and dynamic, other times slower and softer—and can enhance the ambiance. The candle quickly fills a room of 100 sq. ft, enveloping it in a long-lasting scent that lingers even after the flame is extinguished.
⭐️ Perfect for the summer or when you’re craving ube dessert!
Bought this candle recently at a lunar new year pop up and OMG it's legit ube! Reminds me of an ube soft serve, very smooth and not overly sweet. I've been burning this candle constantly and there's still plenty of wax so I'm very impressed with the quality.